Sophisticated, compact, light weight and incredibly advanced, the Pulse Defender is your ultimate line of defense from in flight power loss, which can lead to the complete destruction of your aircraft. With the Defender, Pulse offers the ultimate level of protection you simply should never fly without.
Designed to defend your aircraft from destructive in flight power loss, the Pulse Defender is a battery back up system that brings simplicity to the fore, offering an ultra simplified plug and play solution with maximum levels of cutting edge safety. The Defender allows a powered off glide or auto rotation in the event of full power loss, providing crucial electrical power to your receiver, servos and flight controller.
Self charging and ready to protect, the Defender monitors on board voltage every millisecond of your flight, and in the event of a BEC or main flight battery failure, the Defender steps in with a 500mAh 2S LiPo back up power source, providing crucial power to your on board electronics, allowing you the last chance option to get your aircraft on the ground, safe and sound.
Consisting of an ultra sophisticated backup system, the Defender Power Board System allows you to apply any 2S LiPo battery (JST-XH balance tab) to power the Defender system, making the Pulse Defender a must have device for heli and airplane pilots alike, providing the last line of defense your aircraft deserve.
POWER LOSS DEFENSE
Power failure is your greatest nemesis, and an in flight power loss can result in complete destruction of the aircraft you have so much invested in. Designed to utilize a 2S LiPo battery of your choice, the Defender steps in when power is lost, offering a last line of defense when you need it the very most.
Best of all the Defender adapts to your system, providing the voltage your system requires. Whether you're running a HV 8.4V / 7.4V system or a lower voltage 6V system, the defender will analyze the voltage at start up and provie the voltage required to keep your system set at the proper voltage.
SELF CHARGING SIMPLICITY
Designed to charge and balance the battery of your choice while in use, the Defender maintains full voltage in flight, ready to protect in the event of power failure. Featuring a 2C charge rate, the Defender is ready to step in when failure takes place. LiPo battery sold separately.
Monitoring your flight every single millisecond, the Defender is working overtime to keep you safe. Designed to instantaneously step in when voltage is lost, the Defender keeps everything in check, one millisecond at a time.
WEAK BEC / TRANSIENT VOLTAGE DROP ALERT
Designed to defend, the Defender keeps tabs on your BEC / Receiver Power output. If a transient voltage drop takes place, the Defender will instantaneously step in, providing full voltage, and will alert this voltage drop via a rapid flashing LED light.
POWER INDICATION LED
Know your Defender is working with the on board power LED light. When you see the LED light with a steady flash every 4 seconds, your Defender is at work, ready to protect.
VOLTAGE DROP ALERT
If the Defender senses a voltage drop in flight, the Defender board and auxilliary LED board will rapidly flash, instantly alerting you that power has been lost.
Pulse Defender Usage, Warnings & Info:
The Pulse Defender was designed as a safety back up device to offer continuous power to the receiver or flight controller when an electrical power loss takes place. The Defender does not offer power to the motor - it is a redundant back up device, allowing the option of a powered off glide or auto rotation in the event of full electrical power loss.
Do NOT use the Defender as a main power supply for your servos or electronics, as the Defender is designed as a backup defense only, and cannot be used as a main power supply.
Before Your Flight:
Be sure the battery utilized with the Defender has been fully charged before usage. After being charged, power up all electronics and test electronics before the Defender has been activated, thus making sure all systems are operating normally. Plug in the Defender to your receiver or flight controller and press the black power button to power the Defender, which will allow the Defender to protect your aircraft in the event of a full electrical power loss while in flight.
After Your Flight:
Once your flight has ended, unplug the Defender from your receiver or flight controller to protect the battery from being discharged while not in use. If the Defender is left plugged in for a prolonged period of time without receiver / BEC power, the battery will be irreversibly drained in power, which will result in permanent and terminal battery damage.
Do not leave the Defender plugged into the receiver or flight controller after the flight has ended. Leaving the Defender plugged into the receiver or flight controller for prolonged periods of time (without main flight pack power) will deeply discharge the battery and damage the Defender battery, which will not be covered under warranty.Defender Specifications:
Weight: 38g (Including Connectors - Board Only; LiPo Battery NOT Included)
Size: 55mm x 31mm x 18mm (LxWxH)
The Pulse Defender is not a substitute for sustained receiver power, so be sure that the Defender is only used for it's main design purpose - a battery back up system in the event of a BEC or receiver power failure.
The Pulse Defender Board Consists of the Below:
(1) Pulse Defender Main Board (LiPo Battery NOT Included)
(1) Auxiliary LED Light
Defender Usage & Functionality:
The Defender is designed for easy use & functionality, making use & application of the Defender within your aircraft a seamless & simple process. Please carefully review the below information to make sure the Defender is properly utilized to provide the maximum levels of safety with the aircraft of application.
Before 1st Use:
- Utilize a 2S 7.4 LiPo battery of your choice - JST-XH balance tab. Charging can take place via a dedicated LiPo battery charger, allowing the 2S 7.4V LiPo battery to be fully charged for use. This will be the only time the battery needs to be charged via normal day to day use, as the Defender will charge its battery by drawing from the BEC power or receiver pack power.
- Secure the Defender in your aircraft in a location that allows easy access of the Power Button on the main board, as the Defender will need to be powered on before the flight and powered off once the flight is finished.
- Allow access for the LiPo balance lead to be plugged into and unplugged from the main board. The Defender draws a small amount of power, and if the battery is left plugged in without BEC / receiver pack power, the LiPo battery will be drained and damaged.
- If using the auxiliary / optional LED light, locate this in an area that is visible from outside the aircraft. This is especially important with receiver battery powered aircraft, as any receiver battery power failure will shift the power load to the Defender, and the LED light will flash rapidly, alerting the pilot of the power failure. If this is not visibly seen, the pilot may continue flying the aircraft using the Defender power source, which is not designed for sustained power.
Connecting the Defender:
- Connect the Defender to your receiver or flight controller via the power wire - any available servo / battery port via the receiver or flybarless unit can be used. If a port is not available, a Y-Harness can be utilized.
- Connect the 2S 7.4V LiPo battery to the Defender board via the white JST-XH balance plug.
Powering the Defender On & Off:
- Before powering on the Defender, power on the BEC or receiver pack and verify all electronics function correctly, such as servos & flight controller. Once verified, power on the Defender by pressing the small, black power button located on the Defender board.
- When the Defender is powered on and functioning properly, the LED light via the board (and auxiliary LED light, if used) will slowly flash every (4) seconds, indicating the Defender is ready to provide power if a BEC / receiver battery failure takes place.
- If you would like to test the Defender, make sure the Defender is powered on, and simply remove BEC or receiver power to verify the Defender is properly functioning. Servos, receiver & flight controller should remain functioning when BEC or receiver power is removed.
- When the flight has ended, power off the Defender by pressing the small, black power button located on the Defender board.
- If flights have ended for the day, unplug the white LiPo battery balance plug from the Defender board to prevent the Pulse Defender battery from being depleted and damaged.
LED Light Status Info:
- Slow Red LED Flash: The Defender is working normally and is in "Defender Mode," awaiting a voltage drop or complete voltage loss.
- Steady Red LED Flash: The Defender battery is charging by pulling power from the BEC or receiver pack.
- Ultra Rapid Red LED Flash: The Defender has sensed a voltage drop or voltage loss and is now powering the aircraft electronics.
Defender Battery Voltage:
- The Pulse Defender utilizes "Smart Sense" technology to read and replicate the input voltage of the BEC or receiver pack voltage. In the event of a failure, the Defender will apply the correct voltage the system requires based upon the initial voltage readings.
- If any BEC voltage adjustments are made for any reason, the Defender does not need to be reset, as the Defender will always read the BEC or receiver pack voltage before any power is applied, thus protecting the electronics from any excessive voltage the Defender can deliver.
- If the Defender will not be in use for more than (2) weeks, we recommend placing the 2S LiPo battery of your choice into a storage charge mode of 3.7V - 3.85V per cell, as storing any LiPo battery at full charge for greater than (2) weeks can subsequently damage the battery, and is not safe.
- If the Defender battery (sold separately) is placed into a storage charge mode and later used again, be sure the Defender is fully charged via a LiPo battery charger before 1st use of the Defender.
The Pulse Defender Board is covered by a (1) year warranty. This warranty is based upon the noted time from date of purchase and is not based upon how many times the unit has been utilized.
Warranty will be voided regarding the below actions:
- Crash damage
- Improper charging or usage
- Only utilize a dedicated LiPo battery charger to charge the LiPo battery in use with the Pulse Defender, as improper charging can lead to battery damage and or fire.
- Due to fire risks of LiPo batteries, we do not recommend the Defender with LiPo battery to be stored in the aircraft while not in use.
- Due to the fire risks of LiPo batteries, store any LiPo battery asociated with the Defender in a safe location free of any combustible materials. We recommend a LiPo bag or LiPo safe.
- Do not store or charge any LiPo battery associated with the Defender inside a home, garage, vehicle or any area with combustible materials.
- Be sure to disconnect the LiPo battery from the Defender board after aircraft usage has ended for the day. If the battery is left plugged into the Defender board, the battery will be depleted and damaged.
- If the Defender is not used for more than (2) weeks time, place the battery associated with the Defender into a storage charge mode - 3.7V - 3.85V per cell. Storing any LiPo battery at full charge will damage the battery and poses a risk for fire.
Pulse Battery and all other distributors and retailers of Pulse batteries cannot be held liable for misuse, abuse or negligence relating to the possession or usage of the Pulse Defender. Pulse Battery and all other distributors and retailers cannot be held liable for any aircraft damage, injury or death relating to aircraft crashes, including fires or property damage. Due to the possibility of LiPo battery fire, it is the sole responsibility of the end user to safely use, charge and store the Pulse Defender to prevent any fire or subsequent fire damage, injury or death resulting from a LiPo fire. All warranty claims relating to the Pulse Defender will be validated based upon the (3) month battery warranty and (1) year board warranty from date of purchase. Any valid warranty claim will be honored in regards to direct replacement of unit at hand. Ancillary crash damage, repairs or aircraft values cannot be honored relating to warranty support.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.
Product Spare Parts
I lost an airplane last year because the ESC died during a loop. Control was lost with the demise of the ESC and the airplane was in a vertical dive at the end of the loop. This would have maintained control and I could have landed the airplane rather than watch it pile drive into the ground. The Defender will be used as soon as good weather returns!
Finally the Pulse Defender arrived here in Germany! Immediately opened the mail pouch and was pleasantly surprised with small size of the unit. Naturally, I had to give it a quick bench test. Attached the lipo to the defender, turned my power on to my heli and plugged the Defender into a vacant slot in my VBar FBL receiver. Located the tiny on/off button on the unit, pressed it once to activate and voila- armed and ready! As indicated in the instructions (online) it started flashing once every 4 seconds indicating all ok! Now the test, unplugged the main power, Defender immediately started rapidly flashing to indicate power failure, and... the FBL still maintained control. This gives you a great feeling to enable a quick landing.
I do have a suggestion, why not enclose the main board in a clear shrink tube that would protect the contacts, electronics from being corroded or shorted out? I would also like the idea of placing the board in a plastic box, e.g. as all receivers are today, and extending the plug in connectors as the VBar does. Maybe eventually available as an upgrade?
One other question, what effect does a 1000 or 1500mA lipo have on the unit instead of a 500mA? Does it still maintain a full charge or would the charge be limited to a 500 capacity? Just a word to others ordering from USA, have patience if the delivery must clear customs; mine took 3 weeks.
I love the Pulse Defender, I’ve never had to use it but I’m glad to have this as a peace of mind!!!! Thanks...
I love the Pulse Defender, I’ve never had to use it but I’m glad to have this as a peace of mind!!!! Thanks...
I love the Pulse Defender, Iâ€™ve never had to use it but Iâ€™m glad to have this as a peace of mind!!!! Thanks...
I love the Pulse Defender, I've never had to use it but I'm glad to have this as a peace of mind!!!! Thanks...
I love the Pulse Defender, I�۪ve never had to use it but I�۪m glad to have this as a peace of mind!!!! Thanks...
I love the Pulse Defender, I never had to use it but I am glad to have this as a peace of mind!!!! Thanks...